Plagiarism is illegal, and so students must check research papers for plagiarism. Technological inventions have made it possible to write academic writing utterly free of plagiarism. One must have a general view regarding plagiarism and its repercussions.
Plagiarism ruins academic integrity. The accused are penalized with incriminating evidence such as a fine, rejection of a paper, or incarceration for the worst cases for which they may get into trouble in later life. Including plagiarism policy within the educational courses is beneficial. Students must remember the results of the unethical act. They must know the process to prevent plagiarism in their research papers.
Process of Checking a Research Paper for Plagiarism:
1. Source Citation
Inconsistent citation format may lead to plagiarism. Writers must cite with the mention of the first source.
They must incorporate other essential stuff like authors’ names or the publication date.
2. Quoting from elsewhere
Quoting from a good source is permissible to enhance the writing standard. Writers should avoid patchy information. Sometimes accidental plagiarism may take place. Content creators must use quotation marks in their research papers to avoid plagiarism. They must write thoughtfully, infuse new ideas and engage readers with original content.
3. Using paraphrasing tools
Some writers try brainstorming ideas and borrow information from already published materials. However, it may cause unintentional plagiarism. Paraphrasing tools could be advantageous. Often, writers got to establish their views on similar subjects for an extended time. Utilizing paraphrase software, they can invigorate the procedure.
However, they need to have a sound plan of writing and then try this free tool to enhance the papers further. Users do not need to register themselves beforehand. However, writers must debar from confusing language usage.
Inappropriate paraphrasing may lead to plagiarism. Paraphrasing is rewriting a piece by altering sentence configuration.
Writers should be careful so that plagiarism does not occur. They can reword, but they should not use massive phrases from one particular source. Paraphrasing changes the syntax without altering the meaning. Writers can incorporate ideas from outside only with attribution to the source.
4. Presenting original ideas
Students must consider innovative ideas for research rather than borrowing from others. They ought to use unique perspectives and contribute to the field of knowledge. However, there should not be any intellectual dissonance. Students must use citations and allow scanning for their papers before the final presentation.
Often, students are compelled to present their opinions on similar topics for different research papers. Many find it enticing to reuse ideas from their previous assignments. This habit may lead to “self-plagiarism.” The plagiarized documents are subject to rejection; therefore, they must try to maintain originality.
5. Employing a plagiarism checker
When people go through a piece of writing, they may retain some phrases or sentences in their minds. Often writers tend to use them in their essays, which may result in developing duplicate contents. Online plagiarism checkers for students are extremely helpful to avoid unintentional similarity. One must run their articles through them before final submission.
Various plagiarism detectors are accessible that create plagiarism reports with the share of plagiarism and uniqueness. The tools scan files, documents, URLs, and raw texts with the sophisticated A.I and Machine Learning-based algorithms.
Copyleaks is one such tool that performs a religious search across websites and private licensed databases to identify traces of similarity. Not only does it mark the copied section, but it also refers to the origin of borrowing. The tool leaves room for improvisation for students to improve their papers.
These ideas are convincing enough to avoid plagiarism in the research papers of students. They must dedicate themselves to perform more research and follow the principles to develop unique content.
Why Do Students Plagiarise?
Plagiarising is smoother than writing a new piece. Often students plagiarize due to a lack of data, time, or energy. Educators must intervene to stop plagiarism in higher studies and teach students how to reserve adequate information before writing their papers. Universities must have a plagiarism policy to prevent it.
The development of the web and modern technology has given the users plenty of information. Ideas are many, while original ones are rare. Many people feel plagiarizing from already published articles can increase their chances of acceptance.
Importance of Plagiarism Checking Tools
The incidents of plagiarism are increasing day by day. Plagiarism checking tools could be helpful to rectify plagiarism in online learning.
- Paraphrasing tools mark paraphrased content in research papers. The software starts acting automatically after the students submit their documents on the LMS platform.
- Plagiarism checkers generate accurate plagiarism reports after searching for similarities from websites. Copyleaks supplies the required guidelines to help students rewrite the copied parts.
- Plagiarism checking tools work for various formats. Copyleaks connects with API and detects plagiarism for 100 plus languages.
- Students can use either free or fee-based plagiarism checkers.
- Copyleaks allows various file formats like DOC, PDF, HTML, and DOCX.
- The tools have no complications.
- Students can check for plagiarism in two ways. They can either upload or copy and paste the papers for scanning.
- Plagiarism checkers maintain academic integrity.
- Copyleaks makes a fast and automated comparison with similar content.
- API tools present relevant results after deep scanning.
- Students can use them to pick out flaws in cohesion and grammar.
- Copyleaks helps students to enhance writing quality, tone, and word choice.
- AI helps in cheat detection with security.
- Copyleaks’ precise AI grading tool saves time.
- It merges the Learning Management System with Application Programming Interface.
- Copyleaks provides a customized solution according to the users’ requirements.
- The pricing is adjustable.
- Plagiarism tools save users’ data in the cloud.